Savoury Spanish Jungle Oats Bowls
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup Jungle Oats, Large Tiger Oat Flakes
- 2 cups water
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Spray and cook
- 300g extra lean mince
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
Sauce and toppings
- 1 tin All Gold Peeled and Diced Tomato
- 1 tablespoon All Gold Tomato Paste
- ½ teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- Pinch of cayenne
- 4 poached / soft boiled eggs
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Combine the oats, water, ¼ teaspoon salt, and pepper in a large saucepan of medium-high heat. Once the mixture starts to bubble, turn down to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the oats are cooking, spray the pan to a sauté pan over medium heat. Once heated, add the onion and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add in the garlic and cook for another minute. Add in the extra lean mince and break up into pieces with a wooden spoon. Cook for about 5 minutes until the meat is cooked through. Take the pan off the heat.
- Combine the tinned tomato, tomato paste, paprika, cayenne in a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is chunky and pasty.
- Add equal portions of oatmeal to 4 bowls. Top with about ¼ cup of the mince mixture, 1-2 tablespoons of tomato sauce and 1 poached egg. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.