Jungle Oats Low-GI Bread
Yield: 2 small loaves
- 1 cup warm milk (not boiling)
- 1 cup warm water (not boiling)
- 1 packet fast-acting yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons/10 g)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups brown bread flour
- 1 cup Jungle Cooking Oats
- 2 cups Jungle Oat Bran
- Big pinch salt
Optional: 1 cup roasted, shelled pistachio nuts or any other nuts of your choice (mixed nuts, pecan nuts, walnuts).
- Combine the milk, water, yeast and honey in the bowl of a stand mixer. Stir gently and let yeast proof, for about 10 minutes.
- Add dry ingredients to the mixer bowl and mix with dough hook on low-medium speed.
- Dough will be sticky, use additional flour if needed to pull it together just enough so that you can transfer it to a greased bowl.
- Cover dough in greased bowl, set aside in a warm place and let rise for 1-2 hours until at least doubled in size.
- Remove dough out onto a floured surface.
- Reshape into a loaf and place on a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Cover, set aside and let rest for 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Score the top of the dough with a knife and place into the oven to bake for 25-35 minutes until golden brown on the outside.
- Optional: sprinkle a little Jungle Oat flakes, chopped nuts and or Chia seeds.
- Remove from oven, transfer to a cooling rack and let rest for a bit before slicing.
- Add your desired toppings as preferred and enjoy!