90 years of CANSA making a difference
Together with CANSA partners, Oncology Buddies congratulates CANSA for the 90 years of constant care and service to the cancer community.
From small beginnings in 1931, CANSA grew and evolved throughout the years to what it is today. It’s thanks to numerous partnerships, many donations, and the utmost dedication and perseverance throughout these 90 years that CANSA can still offer the following services:
- Cancer Screening – to enable early detection and treatment.
- Care Homes – for patients receiving treatment. Offering accommodation, meals and transport.
- TLC Lodges – for children and families affected by cancer.
- Stoma Clinics – supporting patients with products, emotional support and advice (includes free Stoma Tele Counselling).
- Facebook Support Groups – for patients and their caregivers.
- CANSA Help Desk – for contact by email, phone calls and WhatsApp in English, Afrikaans, isiXhosa, isiZulu, SeSotho and siSwati.
- iSurvivor Programme – recently enhanced with a specific programme for metastatic breast cancer patients.
- Patient material – various materials to help patients, loved ones and caregivers.
- Online Lifestyle Risk Assessment Tool and Online Webinars.
- CANSA Tele Counselling Service – free cancer-specific counselling in seven languages.
- Loaning of medical equipment – such as wheelchairs and offer advice and assistance with wigs and prostheses.
- COVID related information and material.
- Cancer awareness, research and advocacy.
- CANSA website (cansa.org.za) for information and contact.
Message from Elize Joubert (CEO, CANSA)
If there’s one good thing that the COVID-19 pandemic has done, it’s made us all pause, to reflect, and to count our reasons for gratitude.
Here at CANSA, it’s no different. We’re grateful that we’re part of 90 years of caring service to cancer patients and their loved ones.
We’re grateful for the gratitude shown by our patients and their families which affirms that we’re doing what’s needed and makes us want to do more.
We’re grateful to those staff members who man our many CANSA departments for their loyalty, commitment and dedication.
We’re grateful for technology which increases our outreach, particularly as COVID-19 continues to be with us.
We’re grateful to our many wonderful volunteers who give of their time and talent whilst asking for nothing in return.
We’re grateful for all suffering lessened, and every life saved.
Most of all, we’re grateful, enormously grateful, that supporters like you show your compassion so often and so generously.
We’re grateful, every day!
Celebrate by donating
Consider celebrating CANSA’s 90th anniversary, by giving a monthly donation of R90, or multiples thereof?
A monthly donation would, most importantly, allow CANSA to help more cancer patients, and also give the security of an income they can rely on for future planning towards greater milestone years. Make an online donation via cansa.org.za (look for the red heart DONATE button).