July 31, 2023 Word for Word Media

 Dr Mia Hugo educates us on the risk of developing uterine cancer and the treatment options that are available.

You can listen to this article below, or by using your favourite podcast player at pod.link/oncologybuddies

What is uterine cancer? It’s a general term that describes cancer in your uterus, with two main subtypes being endometrial cancer and uterine sarcoma. Endometrial cancer develops in the lining of the uterus (endometrium) and accounts for around 95% of all cases. The other 5% of cases are rare, more aggressive and comprises uterine sarcoma which is a cancer that develops in themuscle wall of the uterus (myometrium).1 Raising the…